This is the blog of Ant Miller, senior research manager and dilettante geek at large at the BBC.
I wail moan and cuss about the challenges and fun to be found here.
These are my personal opinions, and not those of my employer. Or anyone else here for that matter.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections on 2011

I'm really looking forward to 2012.  This last year has been tough, full of really difficult times and some crushing disappointments.  On the other hand friends and family, especially my ever patient and caring wife, have carried me through these tough episodes with good grace and tender love.  I can only thank them, and hope that I shan't make such demands upon their better natures in future.

In some ways this year gone has laid the foundations for what I hope will be some changes to come.  It's cleared up some ideas I had about things like work life balance, and given me the space to read a lot, and think a lot, about where we can go, what we can do, and who we really are.  I hope dearly that I can share this with lot's of friends, old and new in the year to come.  I have missed you, dearly, and we've so much fun to have ahead of us.

No comments: